We have many resources available to help you manage your finances and map out a successful future. Whether you are looking to learn about your credit score, attend a seminar, in need of debt management advice, or want to plan your retirement, we can help.
Education - Seminars & Webinars
We host free financial education seminars and webinars on a wide variety of banking and investment topics, including:
- Getting to know your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- Saving for college
- The mortgage application process
- Tips for making the most of your SDFCU membership
These events are open to both members and non-members.
If you are part of our community, group or organization partners and would like to request a seminar for your workplace or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SavvyMoney® is a free digital resource available to members that helps you get quick access to your credit score in online banking and the mobile app. SavvyMoney features include:
- Unlimited access to your credit score
- Fraud monitoring with daily credit reports
- Tips for improving your credit score
- Opportunities to save with various SDFCU products
- Access the average credit score within your zip code
- Educational articles, videos and other tools to help you master your credit
- A path to initiate credit report disputes
To access all these features, log in to Online Banking or use our mobile app (tap "more"). First-time SavvyMoney users will be prompted to enroll.
Financial Counseling - Balance
We are partnered with BALANCE Financial Fitness Program, a comprehensive financial education and counseling service. This program is provided free to our members. Services include:
- Financial counseling on a wide range of topics including debt repayment options, homeownership coaching, student loan coaching, and more
- Debt management analysis and budgeting
- Savings and spending plan development
- Identity theft solutions review
Contact a counselor at 888-456-2227 and remember to let them know that you are an SDFCU member.
SDFCU members have convenient access to financial consultants through Securities America, Inc. who can recommend a mix of investment options based on your unique situation, such as mutual funds, IRAs, fixed annuities, and more. In addition, members can take advantage of financial planning on a range of topics, including:
- Retirement Planning
- College Planning
- Long Term Care Planning
- Estate Conservation
Our financial consultants are skilled at tailoring recommendations based on your risk tolerance and investment analysis. Free seminars are also offered throughout the year.
Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC, Walter Billodeaux and Momodou Bojang, Registered Representatives. Advisory services offered through USAdvisors Wealth Management, LLC., Walter Billodeaux, Investment Advisor Representative. State Department Federal Credit Union, State Department Federal Credit Union Financial Services, USAdvisors Wealth Management, LLC. and Securities America are unaffiliated.
Not NCUA Insured - No Credit Union Guarantees - May Lose Value - Not a Deposit - Not Insured by any Government Agency
Establishing a revocable trust account ensures your wishes will be carried out correctly. Set up a revocable trust account to:
- Divide assets among your loved ones
- Reduce probate and estate costs
To set up a revocable trust, consult your attorney to prepare the necessary paperwork, and then visit a branch location, email us at email@example.com, or call our Member Service Center at 703-706-5000 or 800-296-8882.