Seminars & Webinars
Join SDFCU in our financial education seminars and webinars as we cover a wide range of topics including; Car Buying, Thrift Savings Plans, Applying for a Mortgage, Saving for College, and more. Events are free and open to everyone.
Understanding Your Thrift Savings Plan: During Service
This webinar provides information about the Thrift Savings Plan for people with a long term horizon to retirement. It looks at the benefits of the Thrift Savings Plan, helps you understand your fund choices and how to maximize your Thrift Savings Plan.
*Register with your name, email address and phone number.
Alternative to the G Fund
This webinar provides information about the G Fund:
- Understand the G Fund better
- Objective of the G Fund
- How to best utilize the G Fund in your TSP
- The risks and rewards of the G Fund and the alternatives
*Register with your name, email address, and phone number.
The Mortgage Application & Home Buying Process
SDFCU is pleased to present a webinar that will provide an overview of “The Mortgage Application & Home Buying Process.” Thomas Gikis, will discuss the steps involved in obtaining financing for your new home.
The presenters' specific focus is to answer the following:
- What to expect when purchasing a home
- Types of home purchases and mortgage products
- How to complete the application for a mortgage
- Purchasing a home in the United States while you are overseas
- Who’s who of the people involved in the loan process and the part they play
- What is the Credit Union Home Advantage Program
- How much money will you need for a down payment and closing costs
- What to expect on a purchase in current Covid-19 times
A Q & A session will follow the presentation for your specific questions. Please join us for this valuable and informative webinar.